Friday, February 4, 2011

Ambisinister, Ambisinistrous

Foreword:
Something different for the first word today.
This word... I don't know if it's an official one! I can't find it on webster or princeton. It was on dictionary.com though. I don't get why that would be the case. I kind of wonder if it's a troll that put this up! Well, new words are always being made.

Definitions:
–adjective
clumsy or unskillful with both hands.

Pronunciation: Am as in... am, amber. Bi as in Ambidextrous, blister (minus the l),  Sinister sounds like sinister. Sin as in sin, sounds like cin in Cincinnati. Ister rhymes with sister, blister (I have one :p)
Synonyms
none really, but clumsy could be one.

1 comment:

  1. It's an interesting word, and as you said, the lexicon is constantly changing so this may be a new word, i guess?

    ReplyDelete